I have been too lazy to write. Not that I was overly busy. It was just that I didn't feel like writing. But today I somehow convinced myself that I would write something, however crap it may be.
First I want to announce is that my dear dear sister graduated this Friday. Congratulations dear sister. You are freakin' awesome! Knowing you as I do, and hearing all about your lazy husband (nothing personal Smruti, in your defense I would say that we all guys are like this, it is not your fault that you are a guy; in fact I would be much worse than you when my turn comes, but lets get back to the original sentence) and your oh-so-awesome adviser (I must say something here lest people think that advisers are demons whose only purpose in life is you screw you over....remember Prof. Smith...but what I am trying to say here that advisers are humans like us, and only when we have been in their shoes do we have the right to comment on how they 'advise'..enough about advisers...let get on with the business), you have accomplished a lot. You inspire me to be an all rounder. Thanks a lot! And also congrats on your job :-). I really wanted to attend your graduation, and am really sorry for being such an a$$ of a brother (for people to understand the extent of my crime you should know that I did not attend my sister's graduation because I was busy, but because I FORGOT about it). Readers must be wondering why my sister still talks to me. Well I'll tell you why. Because she is freakin' awesome.
But when I was thinking about what to name this post, I thought why not reminisce on my quest to answer questions. It has been 8 months (2 semesters) since I started doing research. I must say I have learnt a lot. But the thing is I could have learnt so so much more and I have wasted so much. The good thing is that I have a very encouraging adviser who keeps guiding me in the right direction, but I should really start walking now.
Other than research (about which I don't know much actually), I have learnt how to LaTeX. I must add though that I just know very elementary stuff, but before I came here I knew squat, and now I can make presentations in LaTeX.
I haven't learnt much about coding. I am still afraid about pointers and every time I do some stuff with pointers, there is no way I can get it right without one seg-fault.
I have learnt a bit of water polo. But not much. I have learnt how to get beat up mostly :-D. But I have learnt how to party at the water polo tournaments.
What I feel like my most useful but most unused lesson is that time flies. I can't even comprehend the fact that two semesters have passed by already. Days go so quickly and if you don't be careful, a month goes by with you having zero progress (or maybe negative progress when you start forgetting stuff). The thing is that even though I know this thing, I just can't take heed to it. I still keep wasting time doing useless stuff (and by useless I don't mean playing water polo or learning guitar).
When I was starting this post, I thought I was on a roll. But now I am starting to feel very sleepy and my brain had switched off around two minutes ago. So me off to my new bed.
Hopefully more coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment