Saturday, June 20, 2009

Serenity

I am here sitting by Lake Shoreline on a bench at 6 in the evening while the sun is still pretty high in the sky and a really chilly breeze is blowing. It is so cold that I might have to leave soon since all I am wearing is a polo shirt and surfer short. But while I am here on my laptop, listening to my iPod, seeing all these people around me in the lake and the park around it, I feel strangely alone. And somehow it is so soothing. Not that I am in any pain of any sort, but it is really nice feeling to have a conversation with yourself once in a while. I wish I was asking my self questions like what I want to do with my life, stare deep into my soul and find out what is it I really want, but I was too lazy to do so and settled for writing this blog.

As I was saying. It is a strange feeling being alone in the middle of everybody. And sitting here on my laptop with Google's free wifi all around town, I am even connected to a lot of other people through this fancy box. But alone is good. But only at times. Unlike last night when I eventually visited San Francisco after spending more than a month in Northern California without going to San Francisco. But I do not like doing all the artsy/touristy stuff. Like biking across Golden Gate bridge or sitting in Golden gate park. I bike everyday to work thank you and spent a lot of time in green parks all my childhood. But then I guess this are uncommon things for people living in big cities which do not have parks and the only mode of transportation is a car. And I am not a big fan of museums or operas and stuff. So in a way, SF does not have anything that I desire. And if I think about what I desire, it seems I am simply a thrill seeking guy. And I think that this world is full of people like me. Thank god for them since it is because of them you have stuff like roller coasters and sky diving and snow boarding and so on.

Well what I am trying to say is that... actually I have no idea what was the point I was trying to make. And it has gotten too chilly and windy and I am going to head back indoors (which is atleast a 20 minute bike ride away).

1 comment:

Roy said...

mexicano?