Saturday, January 29, 2011

Infatuated

It has been a while, but I still remember the days I spent with her. The excitement and expectation before meeting her every single time. The general longing for that extra time, that extra few hours, minutes, seconds, when I would have to leave her. It has been a while, but I still remember her, long for her. And when I see her with another man, somehow, I do not feel jealous of the other man, but just really miss her.......

To be honest, it was no first-sight-romance. I really did not want to go to the place where I first met her. I just thought it was too expensive and not the kind of place I generally hang out at. But my friends convinced me, and so I did. As it turned out, this place required a dress code, so I had to suit up. I personally feel dress codes are just a way of discriminating against people on the basis of their taste, but thats a different discussion. But so I donned a suit. And after I got in, I met her. At first I was not impressed. And she would just keep blowing me off. So I would just ignore her and hang around. But once in a while she would just tease me: eye contacts, a slight smile when she looked at me, and I would dive right in. She would keep tossing me all over the place. At one point, I just got fed up and asked her why she was being such a bitch and would not give me a chance. I think I heard her say "patience boy, patience". "Patience, huh", I thought, "well why not." When I had to leave, I said goodbye to her. Somehow, I did get a way to get in touch with her again. It is at that point that I decided that I would like to see her again.

I knew where I would find her, so I just went to meet her again. I had a good feeling about it, everything was perfect, the timing, the situation everything. But, she just wouldn't show. I waited for a while. Spent most of the time bull-shitting with my friends, all the while, keeping an eye out for her. There were moments when I thought I saw her, but you know how these moments end. That day, I just decided to head back, but was more determined that before to see her again. And I did.

Oh I remember that day. Very well. I went looking for her, and yeah, she was there. That day, the whole place was rocking, everybody dancing and playing around. I saw her, but even getting to her was tougher than I expected. It took some time and a lot of pushes and shoves, but I did make it to her. And instead wasting a single moment, I just grabbed her hand, took her to the dance floor, and let ourselves loose. And somehow everything fell into place. The matching moves, the thrilling speed, the rush, it was awesome. Then the song ended. But the night did not. That night seemed like those people on TVs talk about. There were other girls hitting on me. I would flirt with some, play around with some, and crash and burn with some others. But I would always keep looking for her, the girl, who gave me a chance to feel the passion in her. Sometimes it would be hard to keep up with her, but that did not stop me from trying. By the end of the day, I really did not want to leave. But she was getting tired and so was I. And we said our goodbyes.

You can imagine how things went from there. The infatuation, the craving when you are not together, the being-all-over-each-other when you are. The annoyed friends who are fed up of waiting for that extra five minutes when you could be together. The five minutes which would then become ten and result in an ultimatum of having to walk back home. You know how it goes. This is the annoying part of the relationship - annoying to everybody else but you. I rather not get into anymore details.

But that had to end. And end it did. I had to leave town. And I told her that. The last day I saw her, you could tell she was definitely not pleased. I hoped for her mood to pick up. I managed to get a couple of smiles out of her, but those did not last long. Not long enough for either of us to have some fun. I had no other option but to leave town, and I was hoping she would understand. But if hopes were pennies, poor men would be millionaires. So I said my goodbye. With no promises of staying in touch, of meeting again in six months, nothing. Just a goodbye.

But I still remember her. The times we had. And I know we will meet again sometime. But until then, I will just feel bad seeing her flirt with others, having completely forgotten about me. I will just keep remembering her 4-5 foot high 50F waves behind me while I am paddling frantically to catch a ride on one of them back to the shore.

No comments: