Something is off. I can't think of anything useful to talk about. I mean I just ended an internship at a big company like Google where the work was interesting too (in a way :)). I spent 2 months in India where I met family and a lot of friends after quite some time. Even met some people whom I remembered as kids themselves have kids. I heard about friends getting married and things happening. And even after all this, I don't feel like writing. Something is way off.
Maybe it is just plain laziness, lack of patience to just type for so long. But now that I have managed to start somehow, I'll try to make something coherent of it. Let us start with "not-so-life-changing" experiences. Two months at internship with a lot of luxury somehow made me realize how much I liked to be in grad school. Today morning I was having my usual humongous breakfast and it took me an hour to cook and eat it and clean the dishes. And while I was cleaning my dishes, I was remembering how I just used to eat a huge breakfast and then just dropped the plates and left. But somehow I liked this thing more than that. It was like everything was in my terms. Maybe it was just the change that makes me like it right now. So I can't say anything for sure, but it felt nice (doesn't mean I didn't enjoy being in the company). The bottom line is that it was really a great experience to be in an internship in that company and to work with my really smart and helpful mentor, but I really don't mind swapping that life of luxury and money (lots of it at that) with poor and hard (people say so, I don't, not yet) life of a grad student.
Moving on. Met some good friends in Bangalore. It was really fun checking up on them (although I was indecent enough to not bid farewell to them properly, but then I believe goodbyes are too overrated, why waste time in goodbyes and (maybe) tears when you know you will meet again and have more fun than ever, and even if you don't meet again, you'll remember the good times together and not the painful goodbye you had thinking this is the last time you are meeting. The best goodbyes are those you have thinking you'll meet very soon). With some I relived the fun times I had earlier, and with some I had some awesome-r time than ever before. I also spent something like 5 - 6 consecutive hours playing AoE after a year, and I realized that I sucked at it as much as I used to if not more.
Coming back to school wasn't bad either. Met up with them and caught up with two months worth of action. Got back to cleaning my own shower and scrubbing my own dishes, and it didn't feel bad or sad at all. Got back to water polo practice after more than three months and it was painful (more than usual). Have taken some courses which should be fine too. But one thing I haven't got back to yet is research and thats whats really worrying. I have two months' worth of research to catch up with and I don't know where to start. Actually I think I know where to start but can't think of a good way to do it. I hate not doing any research because it is actually fun if you can get past the stage of going through pages of existing literature.
Well I am interrupted now so maybe I'll try to think again. Right now maybe I am just breathing in puffs.
1 comment:
land potty!
Post a Comment