For the past four months, I have been obsessing about the new Batman movie. And now that I have seen it, I don't know what to do. I tell myself that enough with this obsession and now it is time to move on. But all this time when I was eagerly waiting for it and obsessing about it, I never thought of what I would do once I did see it. It was a great movie and I enjoyed it a lot, but here today I am not going to give a review of that movie. I am just wondering what to do with all that obsession'al' energy pent up inside me with nothing to direct it to.
As in obsessions are good if used properly. It can be used as a motivator to do something you need to do, but are not actually too excited to do. I have found this technique very useful. But I must admit, that all my obsessions ended with me obtaining the object of my obsession (a sentence with too many words starting with 'ob'), and me not knowing where to go from there.
I am pretty sure that like always, I will again obtain a new object of obsession and the cycle would continue. It is just that every time I reach the point I am at right now, I feel a bit lost and confused and disinterested (yes, I am like this right now just because of a stupid movie). As all the wise men say - "All things that are, are with more spirits chased than enjoyed".
People say that obsession is bad, but I feel that obsession drives me forward, much more than I would have normally tried for. I guess it does have the capability to push us into the abyss, but I have always been too stubborn to learn from others' mistakes. I take pride in making my own mistakes and then blaming myself for the rest of my life. So I shall continue with this flawed cycle of obsession until one day I become wise enough to say "Enough! Enough now!".
Till then I shall continue searching for my new obsession or chasing one.
4 comments:
you are like a dog chasing cars
u wouldnt know wat to do if you caught one....:P
i loved the dark knight dude... :) so awesome, but one goes and another comes.. had actually been waiting for Singh is King the last few weeks ;) It ROX!
...and why is only Vicky blogs followed by 3 exclamation marks?? ;) hehe, dont say, i think i know! ;)
Post a Comment